Saturday, September 21, 2013

Day 5 Outline Applique Picture



I decided to hot glue little red rick rack around the outside edge of the hoop. It took 13 inches and I liked it much better. Sorry that I didn't take the photo after that idea! You know how I like rickrack! :)
Day 5 of Christmas 2013
Outline Appliqué Picture
Supplies…
2 Fat quarter for back ground fabric and snow
Assorted Fat Quarters for house, tree moon and etc.
Steam and Seam
Cardstock to copy pattern
Black thread for outlining and embroidery thread red, white and grey
Frame and  or embroidery  hoops
Batting ( warm and natural ) for back of hoop,
Bakers twine for hanging ornament and ribbon for decorating
Directions…
…Start out copying your pattern on cardstock and cut out each piece of picture
….Cut out fabric a bit bigger than the pattern that you need
…Then  iron on Steam and Seam on the back of each piece.
…Next place your pattern right side down on the back of each matching piece, this will make the house come out the right way, it is because you need to do reverse appliqué
…Cut out each piece and then peel off the back paper
…Then begin creating your picture, make sure it is in the place you want it. Also make sure that you have the trunk of the tree UNDER the snow and UNDER the tree, this gives you dimension to your picture.
…Once Your picture is ready, then put black thread in your machine and start outlining your picture, in the world of paper and paint, this is like the pen and ink technique, it makes everything pop.
…You could if you want, put batting ( warm and natural) underneath it before you outline it, I did that for the hoops for sure, but was afraid it would make it too thick to put in the picture frame.
…Then the last thing you do is your embroidery stitches for your snowflakes, door knob, berries on wreath and smoke from the chimney.
…Put inside your frame or stretch on your hoop and you are ready to just add ribbon and bakers twine to hang your hoop. Plus, I would add a back cover for the hoops.
Warning, these are a bit addictive to make!
 
“Today is next year’s Christmas Memory. Make it one that you will always cherish, and be sure to enjoy every single moment.”
 
Lynn Woodard     www.mandieandmedesigns.com
My email is …  mandieandmedesigns@gmail.com
 
Below is the actual pattern that I drew for the frame. The hoop pattern is just a little triangle.
 
IMG.jpg
Then of course I had to try some of this technique with a Halloween design, on this one I did multiple outlines and I really like that. Of course it would have been hard to do on the house because it was smaller. The pumpkin was cut out with my Big Shot, it is a die cut, isn't it too cute? ( not the face, I drew that myself )
 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment